Sculptra, the treatment that firms and lifts to regain your youthful glow.
The firmness of the skin decreases with age. Collagen provides vital support and structure to the skin. As it diminishes, lines and wrinkles begin to form. The effects of aging on facial fat pads also influence the structure and volume of the face, which can cause the skin to sag and lose shape.
Sculptra stimulates the body’s ability to produce collagen, restoring the structure of the skin and renewing it’s natural firmness. As collagen production is gradually stimulated, the skin starts to regain its structure and volume.
Sculptra renews the skin by:
- Smoothing wrinkles
- Restoring volume
- Improving skin quality, with increased skin thickness and reduced skin laxity
- Improves the appearance of scars
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a biostimulator that contains a substance called PLLA (poly-L-lactic acid), which is injected deep under your skin There the PLLA works with your body to stimulate and revitalize the natural collagen production. As collagen production is stimulated, the skin starts to regain its structure and volume.
There is also an amazing effect on the skin itself which results in a beautiful glow and improved skin texture.
How long does a treatment take?
Scultpra is a 60-minute appointment, and the number of treatments required depends on the loss of volume and collagen. Typically, we recommend two-three treatments every 4-6 weeks however, this differs between individuals. If you are experiencing sagging or loose skin, this is a very exciting new treatment that produces natural and gradual results that will last.
How long will the treatment last?
- Results obtained with Sculptra treatments are gradual and develop as collagen production is stimulated and skin appearances improve.
- Changes are subtle and usually aren’t apparent immediately after the first treatment. Improvements may last for up to 25 months after the initial treatment.
What areas can be treated?
Sculptra can be used in areas of the jawlines and cheek to restore your skin’s structure and volume.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The common injection-related side effects are localized and may include on or more of the following:
- Injection related side effects usually resolve spontaneously within 2 to 6 days. Other small lumps under the skin are sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, with or without skin discolouration, have also been occasionally reported.
Aftercare Advice for Optimal Results with Sculptra
- An ice pack can be applied to the treatment area within the first 24 hors to help reduce swelling
- Makeup and saunas/steam rooms should be avoided for 24 hours
- Sun and UV sunlamp exposure should be avoided until swelling and redness have resolved
- The treated area should be massaged at home using a 5 x 5 x 5 rule: 5 times a day for 5 minutes, for 5 days.
Still got questions? Ask them here.